7 August 2013

Message from Lisa Maclean to INSP members

Lisa Maclean
Dear members,

After 10 fantastic years with Big Issue and INSP I’m moving on from INSP on the 9th August.

It has been a wonderful experience to work for INSP and street papers. I believe in street papers and it has been inspiring to have the opportunity to work alongside you and to see the amazing work you do every day that changes lives. 123 papers, 28,000 vendors working every year, 6 million readers reached every edition- this is one special network. Thank you for being such brilliant colleagues.

It feels like an appropriate time to move on; we have a really a supportive board, a committed, experienced staff team, and wonderful partners behind us. INSP is in great shape.

I am moving on to take up an international entrepreneurship Fellowship and as the first social enterprise leader to be offered a place, I will put all of my INSP experiences to really good use.

Our Development Manager, Maree Aldam, will be stepping up to a General Manager’s role in the interim period, supported by former INSP President and Big Issue Scotland co-founder Mel Young who is based in Scotland. Maree is passionate about street papers and will do a great job. The board will manage an open recruitment process for the INSP Director’s position later in the year and members will be kept informed about this as we move forward.

I’d like to take this opportunity to give a huge thanks to my staff and volunteer team who dedicate masses of time, energy and passion to INSP, and to our board members- past and present- for sharing their experiences and working so hard to develop and grow INSP. And a special thank goes to my wonderful Chairperson Serge Lareault who generously gives his leadership, support, enthusiasm and a brilliant sense of humour to INSP and who has taught me so much.

I loved seeing so many of you in Munich at what was my very last INSP conference and Awards. I really felt a strong sense of unity amongst us as we look to find the best pathway forward for street papers and our great network. It was wonderful to be a part of that, and we had a lot of fun together.

I look forward to seeing INSP continue to grow and thrive in the future, supporting street papers and vendors everywhere.

Please do keep in touch- I would love to hear from you and know how you are all doing: lisamaclean77(at)googlemail.com

With thanks and lots of love,

Lisa